Thursday, December 4, 2008

Goodbye Ye Old Devil Stick's



No people your eyes are not deceiving you... I have in fact given up the Cancer Sticks.

I have not smoked in coming up to 11 day's and honestly i am very confident i can kick this habit.

I figured out like a week before i quit smoking that i have in fact been smoking for around 11 years. (Sorry mum i know your reading this don't judge) That is half of my life near enough. And when i think long and hard about everything i have done in my life so far i don't think there is a instance i can think off when i have not in facted smoked. My life has pretty much revolved around this horrible habit.



I decided to give up smoking cause for one i know its bad for me and i don't want to die to early in my life, i live in Utah which is at a very high altitude which makes it alot worse on my poor lung's and also i am not sure how many of you know this but my Grandma was diagnosed with Lung cancer and had to have an operation to remove part of her lung. I spoke to her on the phone for the first time in months the other day and she didn't sound like my Grandma she sounded like a teenager as they apparently nipped her vocal cord when they cut her open. That alone was enough to make anyone want to quit.



So far i think i have been doing very well, seeing as all my friends smoke and so does Ian its not easy but i am determined to do it this time.

So Goodbye Ye Old Devil Stick's and Hello Fresh Clean Air..!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

YEAH! I am so PROUD of you! You can totally do it! :D